1. Are flights included?
Flights are not included however transportation during the tour is included.
2. Are meals included?
Breakfasts, (B) are included with tours that include overnight accommodation.
Lunches, (L) and Dinners, (D) are included as per the itinerary we create for you and your group.
Beverages not included in a meal are extra.
3. What is the group size for scheduled tours?
Our tours are limited to 12 in order to provide you with more individual and personalized photography instruction.
4. What is the typical age range of the groups?
Adults of every age are welcome to join us.
5. Can I bring my non-photographer partner?
Yes, they are welcome to join us. Please enquire about our fee for non-participating partners.
6. What are the payment options?
We accept PayPal as well as bank wire transfers. We will send you the PayPal link when you register.
7. What is your cancellation policy?
We highly recommend that you have a cancellation and emergency travel medical insurance policy when you book with us.
A deposit of 30% is required upon registration for exclusive One Week Tours. The balance of payment is due 90 days before the tour departure for one week tours. Full payment is due upon confirmation of registration for our One Day Tours and Consecutive Day Tours. Please see our Terms & Conditions.
8. What type of photography experience do I need to take the tour?
We welcome all levels of photographers. Just bring your enthusiasm and willingness to explore and learn. Please contact us if you have any questions.
9. What photography gear should I bring?
We’ve had people come with DSLR’s or compact cameras.
Bring the gear you love to use including tripod, filters, spare batteries and memory cards.
10. Do I need a laptop computer?
For one-day tours we suggest you have a plan for saving your images. A laptop is recommended for the longer tours so that you can back-up your photographs at the end of the day. It’s also helpful for reviewing your work.
11. What level of fitness do I need?
Our tours do not require strenuous activity. However, we will be walking on uneven surfaces, cobbled streets and up and down stairs and small hills. You will need to be able to carry your own camera gear. If you have any health limitations please discuss them with us before registering. We will do our best to make this a wonderful photography holiday for everyone in the group.
12. Can you accommodate dietary restrictions?
Please let us know what your needs are and we’ll try to provide for them. Contact us if you have any questions.
13. What type of hotel will we be staying in?
Your comfort is very important to us. We have chosen three and four star hotels to make your stay with us enjoyable.
14. Can I smoke during the tour?
For the comfort of others, our tours are non-smoking in the company of the group.
15. Will we learn post-processing techniques?
Depending on the size of the group and the length of your exclusive tour we can discuss offering post-processing tips at the end of the day. Further instruction, after your tour, can be arranged in-person or through Skype. Contact us for rates.
16. What happens if it rains?
Wear sturdy walking shoes and bring a poncho. Have an umbrella handy and a rain-sleeve for your camera. In the case of huge down-pours we will provide photo opportunities and instruction indoors. No refunds will be given in the event of an itinerary change.
17. I just found out I have some time off work. Can I book a private photography tour with you at the last minute?
Feel free to contact us and we’ll try to put together a tour for you. Please email us at email@example.com or call (+351)966778913.
18. We just discovered Pictours and will be in the Lisbon/Sintra area. Can we arrange a private tour?
Yes, please let us know the dates you are interested in. We’ll do our best to be flexible and try to put a private tour together for you.
19. I want to surprise my partner with a One Day Photography Tour? Can I buy a gift certificate so s/he can choose a date that will work for him/her?
We’d be happy to send you a gift certificate. Please phone or email us to arrange payment and we’ll send you a digital certificate that you can print and tuck in a card. The value of the gift certificate can be used for a private tour or to join one of our scheduled tours.